Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer Interns



For 12 weeks each summer Austin Commercial has the opportunity to impact the next generation of builders in the form of our Summer Internship Program. This year we had a record 27 Interns in 5 locations on 18 projects. They came from 15 different universities throughout the southern half of the United States. Our Interns really enjoyed the chance to get real life construction experience that they can take back to school and apply to their studies. Here are some things that they had to say about their internship experience:





  • Everyone here at St. Ann Court made it interesting and enjoyable to come out to work everyday. I remember coming in the first day, intimidated by the foreign environment and feeling completely clueless. I truly came a long way now that I look back. I definitely feel like I’m more capable in the construction and architecture field. – Tracey – St. Ann’s Court






  • I really enjoyed the type of quality people that choose to work for Austin and how the company is ran. This was a great experience for me and I look forward to talking to you in the future. Stan – JW Marriott






  • I had an amazing time this summer, and learned an incredible amount. For the first time, I had an internship that prepared me for the workplace, and gave me responsibilities that I would encounter in the future. The team I worked with was beyond helpful, and was great to work with/around. Again, I really appreciate the opportunity I was given, and look forward to seeing you in the fall! – JD – ASU Dorms






  • I have had a very good experience working with Austin this summer, and I am very thankful I had the opportunity to participate in this summer’s internship program. Kim – Charlton Methodist Hospital



In addition to providing interns with an educational experience, Austin Commercial also uses the intern program to recruit future hires. Historically over 2/3rds of the interns that participate in our program come back to work for us.







No comments: