Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Glen Cathey the Boolean Man!

Yesterday I attended the Tuesday part of the weekly Tuesday/Thursday lunch chat with Maureen at Magic Method. The topic vary but almost always phone sourcing but sometimes sourcing as a whole (internet & phone). Being a corporate recruiter it serves me twofold: one I get to learn about new and different sourcing techniques and second I get to hear what is going happing in the agency world.

This Tuesday we had a special presenter Glen Cathey who shared with us some of his thoughts, techniques, and logic on how he approaches his internet searches Boolean style. He also took some time to put together some search strings for us to get a real life example of how this thing actually works. I am actually working on a pretty niche search and have been able to apply some of his techniques.

Subscribe to Glen’s blog it will make you better. If you don’t…well it will be your loss.

No comments: